are highly reliable Brushless Resolvers without rotary transformers. Unlike conventional resolvers, the VRRs have both primary and secondary windings in the stator and no windings on the rotor. This offers significant advantages in price, weight, and envelope dimensions.
The VRRs are mechanically and electrically compatible with traditional brushless resolvers. They provide accurate absolute positioning or velocity feedback and can be offered as single speed and multi speed designs. Without a rotary transformer and with fewer parts, the VRRs are extremely reliable and compact feedback devices for harsh environments.
• Brushless resolver without rotary transformer
• Up to 30% mass reduction compared to conventional resolvers
• Compact design with approx. half the length of a brushless resolver
• Available in frame size OD 0.8” up to OD 9”
• Accuracies single-speed up to +/- 30 arc-min
• Accuracies multi-speed up to +/- 1 arc-min
• Rugged design resistant against electrical noise, extreme temperatures, shock, high acceleration, vibration, pressure, and vacuum
• Single and Multi-Speed Design
• Space qualified designs
• High temperature / pressure designs immersed in hydraulic oil for Downhole Oil Exploration Tools
• Housed or as compact pancake designs
• Custom designs
• Complete mechanisms with custom housing, motor, resolver, and gear head
o Solar Array Deployment Assemblies (SADA)